St. Nicholas Church
On the edge of the mountain rises Kvasnitsky Nicholas Quay Church. She, in contrast to other temples of the city, close to the river all nominated. This temple is also called the "Church of St. Nicholas Wet", since large spills water reaches the walls of the church. The church originally was made of wood, and in the time of Peter the Great, after a fire, was rebuilt in stone (1718).
Since ancient times, "to live with Nikola", next to the city fortress, it was considered prestigious. The inventory of 1556 are listed Sovereign polednie yard (from the word "polednie» ─ the winter ice-fishing). Therefore, in some documents Kvasnitskaya mountain called polednie. At this point, we lived fishermen who supply fish to the king's table. In 1666 he issued a decree on sending Murom "Fish Industrialists' and Lucka Poluektova Igoshki Tagunova on Beloozero to teach Belozerskih" fish catchers build the same plank, which Murom build. "
Here, at the Church of St. Nicholas, it was built a wooden palace track with a choir and the chamber, dedicated to Ivan the Terrible for his temporary stay in Murom. But after the campaign against Kazan, Ivan IV did not attend more than Moore, a 1630 years palace building has come into extreme disrepair and was dismantled.
In the second half of the XIX century. near St. Nicholas Church, Quay was undeveloped terrace with a stone wall (preserved its remnants).